Friday, May 7, 2010

My Etsy

So I finally started selling my hand-knit accessories! Knitting is a huge thing in my life these days. Ever since I started about 2 years ago I haven't been able to get enough of it. I am almost always working on a project. So I decided to share some of my favorite items I had knit with my Facebook friends and two of them actually wanted to pay me to make them items. You have no idea how excited I was when that happened!

So I knit a lovely lace tank top for my friend Chrissy which was a definitely learning experience. Articles of clothing are challenging when the person lives in another state. You can't compare your work in progress to them to make sure it's just right. Turned out just fine though after much correspondence between us and she loves it! Here she is wearing it. Does she look happy or what?

























And here it is without the straps. I just love that lace pattern!




My other friend Maryann wanted these cute baby booties for her niece.




After my recent successful commissions I decided to open an store on the web that anyone could buy from. I went with etsy.com which is a site solely for handmade items. Took a few days to get everything up and running but I am hoping to do well. I've working the networking sites or trying to anyway. Which by the way you can find me on Twitter @meinemaria and on Facebook as Anna Quayle Harvey.

Well without further ado here it is! Meine Maria Knits

3 comments:

  1. I love the sweater tank. It's super cute. I might have to talk to you about making me a light weight cardigan sweater. I'm obsessed with them :) lol

    ReplyDelete